Lancashire Dementia Training & Coaching
FREE DEMENTIA AWARENESS SESSIONS FOR 2023
Dementia in the UK
We hear so much these days about dementia and may all know someone living with dementia. There are 850,000 people with dementia in the UK, with numbers set to rise to over 1 million by 2025 and 2 million by 2051.
225,000 people will develop dementia this year, that’s one every three minutes. Lancashire currently has over 10,300 people with a dementia diagnosis of which two thirds of people live at home.
My personal journey
Hi I’m Rachel, and I’m a dementia coach. I run Lancashire Dementia Training and Coaching and I have 18 years experience working in health and social care.
Having personal family experience of caring for a loved one living with dementia. I appreciate the challenges, the emotional uncertainties and impact it can bring. This experience means I have refined theory and practice.
I am a heart led, compassionate person who listens with empathy to understand and provide safe confidential spaces for people to talk.
I am passionate about raising awareness of dementia and sharing dementia knowledge to empower others.
I offer a range of training and coaching sessions which are bespoke to you, your staff and/or service needs. I have a flexible and friendly approach and can adapt learning sessions and conversations so that we can encourage a positive and fun learning and inspiring culture that supports creativity and innovation.
“How can we ever thank you enough Rachel? Your knowledge and support has enabled us to cope much better since having the sessions. Knowing you are there with a listening ear helping us make sense of how we feel and the actions we take. Instead of being reactive we now, stop and think about things more with a much better outcome (and less guilt). Your practical and evidence knowledge gives us confidence and we even pass the tips onto our friends and family going through similar circumstances. This service should be available to everyone going through this journey, so pleased we found you. Forever grateful.”
– Heather and Family
Who I work with
- Family carers who support a loved one at home or in a care facility.
- People whose job role involves supporting people living with dementia i.e. care home, domiciliary/community care staff. Support workers, dementia advisors, nurses and health care assistants.
- Businesses who support or looking to support people living with dementia. i.e. retail, public sector – councils, public health, police/ prison officers. construction companies, hospitality etc.
What I offer
- One to one coaching for family carers and health and social care professionals.
- Setting up and facilitating online groups i.e carers and staff mentor groups.
- In person or online training sessions for organisations supporting staff and volunteers.
- Online themed Masterclasses for anyone supporting people living with dementia.
- Consultancy and project work with organisations who support people living with dementia to create dementia & wellbeing policies, action plans or events.
- A Facebook page and group offering free advice & support.